How small a bar can be run on a ms 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.png Can someone confirm what kinda chain this is? I think it's called a razer sharp one....I filed rakers right off. Don't worry I always use my safe-T glasses when useing this blade

I need a change that fits this blade.
b78af2572a9c294e6d37d38bbf009ce4.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of a round ground chisel

Pretty much the entire industry makes reference to a particular type of chain cutter as 'chisel' based on the sharp outer profile, regardless of how the inside of the leading edge is sharpened.
If you blunted it flat across it's face with a hoof rasp, it's still called chisel.
I've seen plenty of other types of cutting tools commonly refered to as a chisel that do not have flat cutting surfaces, so this practice isn't uncommon.

So W T F is it that you're talking about?
You want to change what it's called because you don't happen to agree with it, then start a chain company and call it whatever you like.
Otherwise you'll just continue to confuse and annoy people about this...

Pretty much the entire industry makes reference to a particular type of chain cutter as 'chisel' based on the sharp outer profile, regardless of how the inside of the leading edge is sharpened.
If you blunted it flat across it's face with a hoof rasp, it's still called chisel.
I've seen plenty of other types of cutting tools commonly refered to as a chisel that do not have flat cutting surfaces, so this practice isn't uncommon.

So W T F is it that you're talking about?
You want to change what it's called because you don't happen to agree with it, then start a chain company and call it whatever you like.
Otherwise you'll just continue to confuse and annoy people about this...
Well since you cleared that all up I guess that makes you the smartest guy here.

Latest posts

Back