How Stihl Handled My problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
What a week of phone calls but it worked out in the end, I purchased my 44 mag from a bogus dealer he was not a dealer at all. He had been buying Stihl product from his brothers shop about 70 miles away. He was even advertising that he was a dealer. When I called and spoke with Stihl they had banned him from selling a Stihl a few years ago.

Well as it turns out they are going to give me a new stihl saw no questions asked. And it will be coming from a true dealer. the other added option is I went out a bought a husky 357xp so it will give me a chance to compare the 2. Not that I am any expert but I might just get one walkerized HMMM

hey marky

what size bar are you running on the 357xp. i had my boss get one a few weeks ago and run it with a 16in bar. its a sweet saw.

Bogus dealer

Man I cant believe that fraudulent dealer! Seems like there is always a scam going on. I have decided that I am just going to purchase my equipment from Home Depot. Besides they have a deal going on right now where you can buy and make no payments for a full year with no interest!(min. $299.99 purchase which I will easily surpass) At least then I will know I have a reputable dealer standing behind my purchase.

Who is going to service that Home Depot purchase? There are some threads here about dealer service that might be enlightening.

Marky Mark, how do you like that 357? I've been mulling one over.

Service

Well I will have the saw serviced at a local service shop but I mean that if I buy it from Home Depot and it is disfunctional or a lemon I can return it as opposed to buying it from Joe Bob who will say "It's not my problem." I mostly like the payment plan and no payments for a full year interest free. I can get a saw for 14 dollars a month but since its no payments for a year I would have all the money to pay for the saw easily after a couple months so I wouldnt even need to make payments after a year.

357xp

I sent an email to Spike It but I will post my feelings, First and formost I am no pro just a guy who enjoys using chainsaws.
I purchased the saw with an 18" bar last friday I felled a 34 inch or so Prime veneer. This tree was big not the biggest tree I ever dropped but the tree was the fatest tree. 32" ran about 30-35 feet. The saw handled it like butter Put my Stihl 260 to shame and if I was going to cut firewood all day I would grab that husky in a heart beat.
Refueling I feel is better desighned than the new Stihls, I also like the idea you can see your fuel level in the handle.One thing I did do is remove the screen on the muffler and that Kicked it up a knotch that I could notice.My friend and I played with his Husky 350 and it blew it away.
As for a neck and neck showdown with the Stihl 440 mag I cann't compare them just yet I will be getting the new saw in about 2 weeks. When the 440 mag was running it can run with the 357 xp the 440 has a little more wieght and almost a full horse on the 357.
For some reason I favor the Husky right now, It's a nice package
Mark

Stihl

We had one of those "dealers" around here for awhile. I know you look like a bad guy when you blow them in, but they give a good dealer a bad name. Buy from a GOOD dealer and you won't regret it.

Latest posts

Back