How to convince wife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawsforfun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So lately I been thinking about getting a new chainsaw. I know what my wife will say you already have one. I been thinking of getting a bigger one mine is just a 34cc I want at least a 40cc I don't really have a need for anything bigger than that. Women don't understand why you need more than one tool that does the same thing. I looked into an echo but been rethinking I might stick with a husky what I have now just bigger. Don't really care about bar length just want a bigger engine. So how to tell her or convince her to say i guess so the best I will get out of her.

Kindly explain that you are not satified with the performance of your 34cc saw. Just as you said, you want a saw with a bigger engine...a bit more power. So, that is the truth, at least.

By the way, if I were you, I'd shoot for a saw with a little higher jump in cc. 34cc to 40cc is not much... for the most part. There are plenty of saws out there in the 45 to 50cc range that probably only weigh a little more that your 34cc saw.

Best of luck.

So lately I been thinking about getting a new chainsaw. I know what my wife will say you already have one. I been thinking of getting a bigger one mine is just a 34cc I want at least a 40cc I don't really have a need for anything bigger than that. Women don't understand why you need more than one tool that does the same thing. I looked into an echo but been rethinking I might stick with a husky what I have now just bigger. Don't really care about bar length just want a bigger engine. So how to tell her or convince her to say i guess so the best I will get out of her.
In case one gets stuck in a fallen tree you need the other to cut it out tell her this is true.

Something about easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ........ that being said, try the safety aproach. It really is safer using the right tool for the propose. Take a look at the echo cs590.

My wife is very frugal I do the spending in the house. But when laying down 300 to 400 on a chainsaw I usually discuss that.

Something about easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ........ that being said, try the safety aproach. It really is safer using the right tool for the propose. Take a look at the echo cs590.
I don't need a 59.8 cc engine at biggest a 45cc

Man you guys are D I C K S. Sprint like your life depended on it NOW... Too late you now got a bad case of CAD you will end up having somewhere between 6-50 saws and no reason to have them I mean none. I am an exception kind of I don't have any reason to have a saw splitter nothing I live 10 miles south of Detroit in the surban hell. Still I have 2-2100xp's,4.5 to 5 288xp's, 1 254xp, 044, and bunch of other stuff plus my signature. But like I said I am an exception I C.H.S.S. all step moms firewood after Dad passed 6 years now... If you read all this your DOOMED its over start finding good hiding places now call friends ask if they space in the garage etc. Make sure she don't know about them this is gonna go sideways right now.

You need a much bigger jump, 34 to 40 ain't gonna cut it, it's like why bother. You need to go to 50-60 CCs. Echo 590 timberwolf at 400 bucks would be a good next jump up. (for new) Used, check the tradin' post here, always good deals especially if you ain't in a rush. But when you SEE a good deal, get a private message to the seller plus post "message sent" right in the for sale thread. The tradin post is "snooze ya lose" with hemmin and hawin around.

If you can find an older green poulan 3400, they are real nice saws, (56 CCs) usually sell for cheap, cut great and will give you a big power boost over your little saw.

I used to think up to a few years ago all I needed was one small saw (had a husky 137 then, 37 CC, still have it, still use it, but...).

then, we had a tornado...

WAKE UP CALL..mr giant oak in the living room with you gets your attention!

It makes you reconsider what you "think" you might need because you "only" yada yada.. Now I have up to a 94 CC saw and a variety in between.

I've never spent more than $220 for a saw, and I wouldn't consider it because both my wife and I know what our finances are and what our priorities are. And chainsaws don't come anywhere near the top of that list since I could cut all my firewood with my Poulan.

You can still get a couple of good saws and have fun learning to repair and modify them, and end up with some very good tools for much less money - probably you will get a lot more enjoyment from using something you rebuilt yourself.

Latest posts

Back