How to identify an MS390 vs MS310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real simple. Pull the muffler, stick something soft into the exhaust port until it touches the far wall, rotate the piston until it marks the object you stuck into the port, pull it out and measure. You can use anything like a chopstick, straw, etc.

Like Shell Busey would say....

Real simple. Pull the muffler, stick something soft into the exhaust port until it touches the far wall, rotate the piston until it marks the object you stuck into the port, pull it out and measure. You can use anything like a chopstick, straw, etc.

it's just that easy!

"crapsman fell apart... decided I needed a saw, so bought some, cleaned 'em up, tried 'em, sold a couple, bought some more, cleaned 'em up, tried 'em, sold a couple... and so it goes.. now my garage is full, and can't heat with wood yet as insurance won't cover me. "

sounds like my garage.........except I can heat with wood :cheers:

Right - the ones that doesn't have it are the older ones, as far as I know.

Anyway, if someone changed the engine, and can't prove that the new one actually was a new OEM one - run away!
Troll your slipping in your old age. I can't believe you didn't tell him to run regardless if it's a 310 or 390. :greenchainsaw:

Back