How to keep the stacked wood straight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love wood stacks... Always have...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let em' fly boys!!!

I love wood stacks... Always have...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let em' fly boys!!!
You do a VERY nice job! One of the problems I have when I take the time to make a neat stack, is that I don't want to take it apart! I find myself using other wood off of some pile because I don't want to ruin my nice stack. Luckily I didn't have time to make many nice ones this year, so I'm much less stressed.

:msp_sneaky: I'll bet he screws each piece to another!

:waaaht:

Sacrilege!!!

Actually, I do run a couple 2x4's up the stacks and attach them to the roof joists for some support while they're drying and settling...
Can't have a 14' stack of wood falling on the tractor... That would be bad...
:big_smile:

attachment.php

14' Stack? Pssshhhh, Those stacks are normal height.

Matt is just really short. :p

Sacrilege!!!

Actually, I do run a couple 2x4's up the stacks and attach them to the roof joists for some support while they're drying and settling...

Sacrilege!!!

attachment.php

Wow looks great. If my wood pile looked that good I'd add a service door a few windows and live in it.

Wow looks great. If my wood pile looked that good I'd add a service door a few windows and live in it.

FWIW, all the wood in the pic is gone already... Sold out everything but what I'm gonna burn. I got new stacks started for next year. Trying to be more organized by species this year...:hmm3grin2orange:

Let's see some more stacks... C'Mon fellas... I know ya got em'... Post em up!!! Tonight I'll have me a bourbon on ice and just peruse the pics of wood piles... Where's Whitespider and some mason block wood pics???
:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm thinkin maybe puttin down palets between stacks that are 6' apart and piling, it should season before the 15-17 cords I have are used and can be moved and stacked once inside the shed.
I hate stacking and can justify not doing it somehow.

Can ya see the little Mac stuck in this year's stack? Every saw needs a wood pile to be pictured with. It's where they're most at home... :rock:

attachment.php

I was in a pawn shop yesterday while I was waiting on the wifes flat to be fixed down the road. They had a mini mac with a 40 buck tag on it. Don't know if it ran but I do know i don't have the patience to work on it. They had 2 009s but they were over priced so i just spent 8 bucks on a 50' rope and hauled ass.
That one matt has runs good for a 2ci

I was in a pawn shop yesterday while I was waiting on the wifes flat to be fixed down the road. They had a mini mac with a 40 buck tag on it. Don't know if it ran but I do know i don't have the patience to work on it. They had 2 009s but they were over priced so i just spent 8 bucks on a 50' rope and hauled ass.
That one matt has runs good for a 2ci

I have to keep reminding myself it's just a little wannabee... Or maybe a killer bee...??? Funny how something as silly as a cheap disposable saw can grow on you. Hell, the boys argue over who gets to run it when we go out cutting...
:amazed:

Back