How to make tree safe for all,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi I have a ? for you folks. There is a tree at the cemerty that I mow. That has been hit by lighting and it's got a crack down the trunk of it. So I fill it well not be safe to drop the tree to the ground at one time it well need to be cut and lowered to the ground in peases to be safe. It is about 50 feet tall and and is close to the church and out building and the road. So I fell it is to big a job for me. I cut timber in the past. But this not a harvsting tipe of a job.Do give me your opiopion on what little info I have gave you. So please let me know what you think we should do with the tree. P.S I fell it well take a bucket truck to put the peases on the gruond. I fell they well ? me to do the job and I think it is a job for a pro. So let me know what you think. Thanks Randy :confused:

Definitely a bucket truck job unless you want to visit with the guys you mow around. A good rule of thumb is - if you don't feel comfortable about a job, DON'T DO IT!! I'd rather pass up an iffy job than go home in a bag :angel:

Congratulations on knowing your own limitations. It is better to ASK than to HURT yourself.
Since you seem comfortable cutting it up and hauling it off, I would suggest finding a CLIMBER to put it on the ground for you. Call a couple tree companies and see if you can find a freelance climber.

Thank you all for the advise. I well look for someone to take it down. Thanks for letting me know what is the right thing to do. Thanks, Randy.:)

Back