How to post pics in your threads for dummies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's how to post pics in your threads, some may do it different than I do but this method works for me
1. Open the thread on AS, here I've clicked on the "post a new thread button", you can also add pics to an existing thread. now click the little minus in the upper right hand corner, this will minimize the page. Next open up you image hosting page. now you can switch between the AS thread and the image hosting page by clicking on the icons in the tray at the bottom of your page. I have them pointed out in this pic

2. Next, pull up you image hosting page, it will look like this

3. Next, scroll your cursor over the URL code, left click on it with your mouse, that will highlight it like this:

4. Next, keeping your cursor over the highlighted area, right click with your mouse and a box will pop up that looks similar to this. left click on "copy" and the box will disappear

5. Next, minimize your image hosting page and open the AS page. Now you can start typing your text and it will look like this, move the flashing vertical bar wherever you want your picture to be with the "enter" or "backspace" key. In this thread I am going to put my picture below my text and have moved the bar down to the next level by hitting the "enter" key

6. now move your cursor next to the flashing line and right click, a box similar to this will open

7. Click "paste" and you will then see this. Once you post the thread that mess of numbers & letters in the URL will show up as a picture

8. Now, just keep copying & pasting URLs and add as many pics as you want. You can easily add text between pictures.
Your thread will look like this

9. When you're finished just click the "submit new thread" button and your pictures will show up
`

Last edited:
Finally went through my hard head, now if I can just remember the steps. Practice,Practice,Practice. Thanks for your patience.

attachment.php

still seams like way more than one should have to do, on other sites i'm on with, none of this "extra work" is needed, my pics show right up, only this site i have issues with doing extra to show your pics, i feel the site should change how this done, jmo:msp_unsure:

Back