How To Use A Dolmar 7910 Top End On A Solo 665

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you you much friend I was bout to guess things but. I know how you don't keep secrets. I just never would of guessed stuff.

They are amazing saws. Randy. Do you ever find a need to mod the oiler?

David

Secrets? Ain't got any. I'll tell you anything you ask me about.....gladly. That post was in reference to the coil, and you knew that.

Don't wanna talk about porting details on the forum though. I've noticed a few guys hanging around here that just like to stir up ****, and I'm not giving them anything to stir. Period.

I hope you understand. If you want details, send me a PM.

Is it pop through finger ports?

What about a flywheel and coil swap. Even if you have to recut the flywheel taper.

I'm working on a coil swap that will make running the lead simple. The flywheel will still need to be re-keyed though. If you look at the way the lead wire exits the stock coil on the 7900 you'll see why finding a coil with the correct configuration is necessary.

A Dumore broaching set. I started with a standard set, and have added metric dies, and broaching keys as I needed them

I've been rebroaching 064 cdi flywheels, and 3120 flywheels for awhile now.

Dumores come with tapered dies? Or do you figure out degrees, minutes, seconds, and cut your own with a taper attachment and mill for the broach?

Dumores come with tapered dies? Or do you figure out degrees, minutes, seconds, and cut your own with a taper attachment and mill for the broach?

The keyway doesn't need to be on a taper. And none that I've seen ever are on a taper.

I have had to modify the diameter of some inserts because the hole in the crank is neither a standard, or a metric size. Just somewhere in the middle.

On the 3120 I made a insert that lines up with the factory key. Then I lock it in place, and press the cutter through in a new location.

Cliff Helsel is the one that helped me learn that trick.....

No time to tinker with this one for the next few days.

I'll let y'all know when I get back to it.

If I had 20 saws to port in 15 days.......I'd be in a lot of trouble!!lol Its good and always appreciated Randy when you do a build thread, talk about snackies and stuff, give us tips no matter how much over our head they are. And ya always answer everyones questions no matter how stupid they are.

Latest posts

Back