How tough is your saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My super wiz 55 is so tuff... That i can't even start it anymore! I can't even convince it to try.. Now THAT'S tuff!

Seen a 346xp get backed over by a Dodge Durango, couple stress marks in the plastic but no cracks.

It seems anytime a saw or some other equipment is left near a tree, it'll find a way to fall on it. I'm glad you're safe. That's all that really matters.

That being said, I don't think I've had any of my saws damaged by a tree. I think I did have it get pinched in a cut, and then the tree decided to come down anyway. It came away unscathed. It is impressive, how a mostly plastic saw can take a fair bit of abuse.

A couple of gypo loggers packed the saw down to the pickup and pounded the bar straight with a big hammer, using the pickup bed as a table. It worked.

That was a memorable day. The unoriginal cussing--a repeating of a distinct word over and over after the tree fell, probably set a record for length of time. I asked the old logger, who was on the road, if his son was all right, and he answered, "He's still cussin' aint he?"

Back