Huge pine tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey guys - i have a huge pine tree in my yard (maybe 150 feet tall and maybe three + feet at the base - i'll post pics tonight

is there any market for pine? my boss who’s an old farmer says find someone who will take it down and split the wood with them BUT i think most saw guys would simply charge $$$ to take this monster down

Just curious

I wouldn't take a single pine down for free. I might consider doing something like that for free if it was easy access, hardwood and 10 cord to take home. Just my 2 cents

ya that's what i figured being pine and all

do people burn pine?

i'll post up some pics tonight anyway

I've burnt quite a little pine on various occasions; there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Some will say it causes build-up in your chimney, but that's simply a product of poor stove design/operation.

All this being said, if it is a difficult removal, probably not many guys would want to tackle it just for the wood.

i cut trees for a living every day. i can tell you that we would never ever cut a tree just so we could have the wood. it wouldn't matter if it were prime hickory.

Latest posts

Back