Huge Takedowns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diltree

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I thought i would start a thread, showcasing some of the larger trees we have taken down........ Here is a huge oak we took down a couple weeks ago. Thank god the butt split when we dropped it....otherwise we would have needed the crane to get it on and off the loader; our loader picks around 7,500 lbs; so i would estimate the butt log had to weigh around 14,000 lbs considering we barley were able to pick the two half's.

first shot the butt weighed 4900kgs cut from the floor
second shot this piece wieghed 2500kgs cut from the tree

Who's the naked midget in the first pic? lol

big tree!
-Ralph

Last edited:
Maybe that came out wrong.
I was saying it was a big tree.
and I was playin with him about this pic 100_0362.JPG

Lighten up, eh?
-Ralph

how bout big tree's that were climbed in tight back yards? if you could get a loader to it then i'm sure you got a bucket or crane to it.

no i can't post the pic's.......i hardly have any pics of myself climbing........ahhh i was too busy climbing. i've post some here in the past but always got scolded for not wearing ppe so i stopped posting climbing pics.

point is i'd much rather see pics of rigging climbers, than road side bombers.

Well kF this job was done for a utility company...and it was all over the 13,000kv........so i don't think anyone would be climbing this one.......on many roadside trees; were there is wires involved, climbing is not even a thought. In a back yard you worry about ruining a flower garden; when dealing with high voltage, the mistakes you make cost you your life. Municipal work is simply on a different level, you need the equipment just to get in the game, and submit a bid.

Use an axe for big take downs :)

jim_maddox2.jpg

Back