huge wood score for me today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ran across some pin Oak trees that have been down since last november come to find out so once I get them cut, split and stacked they should be plenty seasoned for next yr. I got this wood for FREE,,,,but I gave a buddy of mine 50 bucks ( was gonna only charge me 40 ) to bring his trailor and bobcat with him to load them up and haul to my house and arrange them accordingly in my yard so I can cut on them in my spare time and split and stack as well...heres whats ahead for me..

IMG_0003-1.jpg

<BR><BR>
IMG_0002-1.jpg
<BR><BR>
IMG_0001-1.jpg

I have never really cut any oak before today and man does it dull a chain out quick... I cut into one of the 6ft long logs today and noodled them in half.. seemed pretty dry except for about a 12 inch diameter from the center out.. but heres some pics of my work today before the chain got dull and I was lil wore out too..lol..

IMG_0001-2.jpg
<BR><BR>
IMG_0002-2.jpg
<br>
oodles of noodles...:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Sweet! I planted a pin Oak 3 years ago. Trunk is about 2 inches in diameter. This is insane seeing how big they get. LOL

Latest posts

Back