• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Huqvarna 254xp with an 18" Bar and a Janky Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well here's one I know some of you have been looking for $325!
A husky 254xp with 158 psi of compression, starts, runs great and oils good also.
It is missing the choke rod and will need a new one unless someone has a good fix for it that I'm unaware of.
It also needs new fuel line as this one has a crack or is just leaking at the tank (I've had both on the 2 series saws), just plan on replacing it. Also included with a full price offer will be a good used .325"x 18" bar and a chain with the rakers ground to about .070":surprised3:, this will be a great chain to run on the landing :laugh:.
This is a good looking saw that isn't trashed as many of these are. I have another one that is a little cleaner that I have really enjoyed running. Mine has a good bit less compression and I've been happy with it this far and I'm sure this will make a sweet saw with a nice chain, the choke lever, and the fuel line replaced.
I have not run this saw a lot with the broken fuel line so I am not sure if there are any other issues. If there is something specific you would like me to check out please ask :).
Pictures coming soon guys.

Chipper1 is a first class seller guys. Really good guy to buy from.
Thanks Thomas.
He's a great buyer and his communication was impeccable :rock:.
I especially liked the pistachios he sends with every purchase. The brussels sprouts however, I sent back.

Purchased a saw from the Chipster...super fast delivery
:lol: Your the only one who gets the pistachios and Brussels sprouts. The bs are quite the "gas" :surprised3:.
Marks a great buyer as well, and does exactly what he says. Sellers beware all correspondence made via telegraph:badpc::laughing:.

Thanks Thomas.
He's a great buyer and his communication was impeccable :rock:.

:lol: Your the only one who gets the pistachios and Brussels sprouts. The bs are quite the "gas" :surprised3:.
Marks a great buyer as well, and does exactly what he says. Sellers beware all correspondence made via telegraph:badpc::laughing:.

Morse code beats data storage fees any day

I'm not familiar with Janky chain. Is that re-branded Oregon?:laughing:
Be careful Tim, your gonna have @SawTroll in here teaching you a thing or two about chains :yes:.
I'm sure you've seen a janky chain if you've ever been on a landing before. It's one of those chains that will shake out your teeth if the saw can pull it :dizzy:.20170201_183526.jpg

Be careful Tim, your gonna have @SawTroll in here teaching you a thing or two about chains :yes:.
I'm sure you've seen a janky chain if you've ever been on a landing before. It's one of those chains that will shake out your teeth if the saw can pull it :dizzy:.View attachment 555553
What's wrong with that chain?

I'm sure you've seen a janky chain if you've ever been on a landing before. It's one of those chains that will shake out your teeth if the saw can pull it :dizzy:.View attachment 555553

Aka: Semi-Skip! I made a few of them before I tried the first one out. They cut like a SOB if you can stand the vibes and manage to hang onto the saw! Really nice & GLWS

Thanks buddy.
I would have guessed that, but that's not my expertise :).
I like when they just say the yr right on them lol.

It is real easy to "decode" the number plates from some time in 1984 and on, provided you know all the systems they used, and when they changed them. Numbers from 1987 trough 1996 "decodes" the way this one did, except that some mistakes with the color of the plates happened around the change from 1986 to 1987, when the plates were supposed to go from "silver" to black. They didn't always, but then the knowledge of the actual model will clear it out, if you know the history of the model.

It is real easy to "decode" the number plates from some time in 1984 and on, provided you know all the systems they used, and when they changed them. Numbers from 1987 trough 1996 "decodes" the way this one did, except that some mistakes with the color of the plates happened around the change from 1986 to 1987, when the plates were supposed to go from "silver" to black. They didn't always, but then the knowledge of the actual model will clear it out, if you know the history of the model.
Thanks.
You know I'm a little slow, just as it says in my signature :).

Latest posts

Back