Hurricane Ernesto coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a disappointment so far. the storm is dying down really bad :(

they even rolled the space shuttle back out to the launch pad.

Thar she blows, ....sorta.

Thanks for correcting me on the location of Marathon Key.

attachment.php

From what i can tell no wind.Looks like it might hug the west coast which could be good or bad for me we will see when it passes here.Right now im just gettin reg thunderstorms(for those who dont know im by tampa bay)About 1/4 mile from the bay its self. So it will be interesting to see what it does either fill or empty the bay out.

my local weather

http://www.baynews9.com/Doppler9000.html?state

View attachment 37422

Last edited:
l2edneck said:
From what i can tell no wind.Looks like it might hug the west coast which could be good or bad for me we will see when it passes here.Right now im just gettin reg thunderstorms(for those who dont know im by tampa bay)About 1/4 mile from the bay its self. So it will be interesting to see what it does either fill or empty the bay out.

let me give you the sneak preview since it's coming your way...
we are getting the worst of it being on the rightside with the direction adding 14mph to the winds. the results are disappointing. the typical afternoon thunderstorms have stronger gusts. all this turned out to be is a bunch of rain and media hype. i haven't even lost electrical power. not even a flicker.

thats what im sayin those are what we get daily from the water bein on both sides and diff temps.Charley in 04 was spose to direct hit us and at zero hour it took a right.I had all my crap in one room and my fam ready to jump in the closet.

Treeinnovator said:
what a disappointment so far. the storm is dying down really bad :(

they even rolled the space shuttle back out to the launch pad.

doesnt look like we will need to worry about losing power or cell service. Ill be calling tom.

l2edneck said:
thats what im sayin those are what we get daily from the water bein on both sides and diff temps.Charley in 04 was spose to direct hit us and at zero hour it took a right.I had all my crap in one room and my fam ready to jump in the closet.

keep following this thread. it's supposed to peak at midnight. calm as could be right now. i'm so bummed. i have all my stuff ready to go chasing.

TackleTree said:
doesnt look like we will need to worry about losing power or cell service. Ill be calling tom.

i know, sux huh. maybe l2edneck will have a different report for us later from St.Pete.

l2edneck said:

i used to live in Clearwater off of Ulmerton Rd. (Feathersound neighborhood). anyways, those bay t-storms are incredible to watch in the evenings. the lightning shows are spectacular.

All is well here. Like you said treeinnovator, did not loose power, not even a flicker! Thank goodness! The tide is about a foot higher than normal though.

Thank goodness, Gigi. The waters between you and Cuba are pretty warm. In that area, just a little ways east are where both Katrina and Rita were spawned. I could see a little storm ramping up three categories in that distance. Katrina did, like in 12 hours, just grew.

Glad all's well. The people and animals and trees don't need hurricanes, but in your area, you have some of the finest coral reefs in the world. They're really shallow, and I can't see hurricanes helping them at all.

This storm is about to cross where Hurricane Charlie came ashore, just north of Fort Meyers, across the harbor in Port Charlotte.

attachment.php

I don't know how this even counted as a tropical storm. What a joke. We get more rain on a regular afternoon than we did during the storm.

dang media blowing things out of proportion again. this is like psychological terrorism.

Maybe looking at it like psychological terrorism is blowing it out of proportion.

This little storm is picking up a lot of moisture over where it is. I'm not counting on it developing an eye, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, the storm is drawing up huge amounts of moisture, east, outside of it's structure. Those heavy bands are getting pulled northward and then NW. All these heavy band formations have to pile up when they come ashore and they'll saturate that coastal area. Then there's Ernesto himself who will pretty much collide with the previously mentioned and by the time this mess reaches Raleigh, North Carolina It'll release huge amounts of rain. Washington DC will get hammered, though not as bad.

Treeguys in North and South Carolina, I would plan on taking Friday off this week. Good luck through these next soggy days.

attachment.php

I got a kick out of you guys all praying for the storm to hit. I usually do anti-storm dances whenever the weather people are predicting a storm for my area.

I guess that is the main difference between doing residential tree work, and being in charge of hundreds of thousands of trees.

Any way, hope you all have a safe and productive hurricane season.

I'm just hoping that Ernesto doesn't rain-out my entire weekend!!!

OTG BOSTON said:
I guess that is the main difference between doing residential tree work, and being in charge of hundreds of thousands of trees.
QUOTE]

it's the difference between being paid salary vs. commission

I get o.t. for storms, which is nice:clap:

Its the headaches and the complaining from residents that make me do the anti-storm dances:mad:

Latest posts

Back