Husky 141 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armosh

Functioning Idiot
Reaction score
Trying to swap a new cylinder onto a Husky 141. I've removed the 4 bolts from the bottom and the muffler, and the carb and intake and according to the shop manual it should just pop off now. It will not. I've tried wiggling, love tapping, swearing and short of human sacrifice it won't come off lol. I've looked who knows how many times to see if I've missed something, but I don't see what else could be holding it on there. Anyone got a suggestion? I think I know why everyone says clamshell saws suck to work on.

Yeah I removed the recoil, according to the manual it should come off now. Ready to call it quits with this thing and stick to conventional saws lol

Yeah I removed the recoil, according to the manual it should come off now. Ready to call it quits with this thing and stick to conventional saws lol
When you are working on a clamshell, it's best to remove the flywheel, clutch and oil pump right at the start. The engine has to be removed from the case to make it easier to rebuild and these items have to be removed before the reassembly anyway. If the engine won't move at all in the case, just put the 4 bolts back in and leave them 1/8" out from being all the way in, then go around and smack the bolt heads with a heavy hammer, either the whole engine will come loose from the case or the bottom crankshaft cover will stay and the upper part will split from the lower cover and come off leaving the crank and piston in the case.

Yup... gotta come out of the plastic base shell as a complete unit. And put back in as a complete unit. Must remove everything on each side of the crankshaft to do this except the oil drive gear if not replacing bearings or seals.

I do strongly recommend replacing the crank bearings with seals as they do go bad/get weak.

1687579068357.png

Back