Husky 142, trying to start after rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me start by saying thank you to everyone for all the help and suggestions.

It was me all along.. :confused:

Everytime I set the jets, I wasn't fully seating them before backing them out 1 turn. I was actually probably 2-3 turns out when I thought I was seated... I was worried about hurting the jets or the seat so I was being very conservative.

I gave the carb a good cleaning them put it back together and tightened the jets down and decided to not back them out 1 turn, just to see if it would run differently. It fired up and reved pretty well. I then turned them back 1 turn each and back to nothing. At that point I decided to see if I was really seating them and found that wasn't anywhere near seated.

Eureka! :cheers:

Now I just need to get those little buggers set properly, so it doesn't burn up again.

Thanks again!

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone for all the help and suggestions.

It was me all along.. :confused:

Everytime I set the jets, I wasn't fully seating them before backing them out 1 turn. I was actually probably 2-3 turns out when I thought I was seated... I was worried about hurting the jets or the seat so I was being very conservative.

I gave the carb a good cleaning them put it back together and tightened the jets down and decided to not back them out 1 turn, just to see if it would run differently. It fired up and reved pretty well. I then turned them back 1 turn each and back to nothing. At that point I decided to see if I was really seating them and found that wasn't anywhere near seated.

Eureka! :cheers:

Now I just need to get those little buggers set properly, so it doesn't burn up again.

Thanks again!

Good to know that your saw isn't dead. Have fun cutting with it!

I would let that saw run for a while idling, tipping the saw side to side occasionally to see if the idle speed changes a lot. Also see if it will sit and idle for 5-10 minutes without dying or loading up. You could still have a bad fuel line or impulse line. These are cheap and easy to fix, and in my opinion, worth checking before heading to the woods. Good luck!

I would let that saw run for a while idling, tipping the saw side to side occasionally to see if the idle speed changes a lot. Also see if it will sit and idle for 5-10 minutes without dying or loading up. You could still have a bad fuel line or impulse line. These are cheap and easy to fix, and in my opinion, worth checking before heading to the woods. Good luck!

What's it mean if it doesn't want to idle on it's side? My dad's 2375 is starting to do this.

Back