Husky 261 / 262XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Former Saw Builder

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Husky 261 or a 262XP in new or near new condition anybody want to part with one please let me know...

Just in case you (or someone else reading this) don't know;
The 261 is a downrated version of the 262xp, probably sold in North America only, after the 362xp replaced the 262xp on that market.

Take a look atb the "261 Husqvarna" tread that is going on.
Small world, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:
I know where the is one at and i think he is willing to get ride of it.Ill see if I can get some pictures.

SawTroll said:
... Take a look atb the "261 Husqvarna" tread that is going on.
Small world, isn't it? ;)
Sorry, when I posted the above I was unaware that it was an old tread that you had brought back to life....

266xp

Thanks for checking but I'm not interested in the 266xp... I'm going to hold out for a 261 or 262xp... :)

I have a nice 262XP. It has been sitting for about 3 years. I only ran it for about 3-4 months then switched to an all Stihl line up. It is going to need a carb kit. I tried starting it a few months back and it would not idle up. I will see if I can get you a pic.

262xp

I was wondering if you have any pictures of the other side of the saw?
Do you know what condition the piston and cylinder are in and have you ever check the compression? Thanks for getting back to me How much would you need to get out of it?

I can snap some more pictures for you. The other side is just as clean as the one in the photo. I can tell you the saw will hold it's own weight when supported by the pull rope. I got it for thinning on a pine job, and never really used it that much. I bet it has only had about 15 tanks of gas through it max. I will get it back to my place and pull the muffler off and snap some pics of the piston. you can email me at: [email protected] if you want to discuss things further.

Back