Husky 065 Practica

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kelly
The proper way to remove the flywheel is with a puller.
There are sometimes threaded holes in the flywheel for bolts that would go through the plate of a puller, with a center bolt of the puller pushing against the end of the crankshaft. Some like Stihls have a threaded area around the crankshaft that a puller threads into.
What i do for most is i get some wire under the flywheel on two sides and lift the saw just off my bench so the wieght if the saw is suspended.Then with the flywheel nut backed out flush with the end of the crank shaft i give the nut a wack with a hammer

Hi Kelly
The proper way to remove the flywheel is with a puller.
There are sometimes threaded holes in the flywheel for bolts that would go through the plate of a puller, with a center bolt of the puller pushing against the end of the crankshaft. Some like Stihls have a threaded area around the crankshaft that a puller threads into.
What i do for most is i get some wire under the flywheel on two sides and lift the saw just off my bench so the wieght if the saw is suspended.Then with the flywheel nut backed out flush with the end of the crank shaft i give the nut a wack with a hammer
Would you be able to let me Know what Module can be Used to Replace Pints in a Husky 65L which is Reliable

Here are pictures of home made puller....

Ignore those 2 big holes....they are not relavant...leftover from...

You will have to drill those 4 small ones...and match them with corresponding holes (with threads) on the magneto!

Holes (in my case) have metric threads...M6 +/-....

For the center screw you can put whatever thread you want/have...screw is there just po pry on the crankshaft...

IMG_20240315_204800.jpgIMG_20240315_204734.jpgIMG_20240315_204722.jpg

Aaaand! Pay attention.....you will have to strip magneto of "starter dogs"...

Plus you will have to pull off that "fan shroud"...

The easiest way to do that is that you gently warm that outer shroud with a torch....

Then gently lift that fan with glowes on your hands....you can use also some small screwdriver....but be gentle since fan is brittle and can broke appart

To couple it back together (magneto + fan)

Leave magneto in a freezer over night (or at least a decent amount of time)....then warm the fan with a blowtorch....and put them together.....and then put some weight with flat surface on top of that ( cinder block or something) and leave that to cool down on its own....

Any other approach....and you will destroy that brittle fan!!!

And when you will be threading in those 4 M6 screws into magneto....pay attention that you wont be using too long screws.....otherwise you will smash coil and points below...

They must be long enough....to cover the thickness of the puller + magneto (or just a shy shorter)

Back