husky 266 fastrunner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbill

Reaction score
i have a 266 se that wont idle i have done everything but split the case and put new gaskets in it -what happens is when it starts it starts out fine then its off to the races the thing wont slow down at all ive rebult the carb/new gaskets all the wayto the case its my final shot-and yes its hard to start any ideas as i told the state trooper that stoped me the other day -he ask me for an id and i told him how about liting me go!

Best bet will be to have an air leak test done.Does the fast idle is steady or goes up and down?If it goes up and down,its probably an air leak,if the idle is steady even its high,it could be your throttle shutter that is worn letting more air going in the engine or its loose on the throttle shaft..Remove the carb and look trru the venturi to see if you see light between carb itself and the shutter(your idle screw has to be completely backed off ).Check also if your plastic block is not cracked,usually along the inserted threads.

Last edited:
I'd suspect an air leak too, do a pressure and vac test on it to confirm this.

On another thought, have you checked how tight the cylinder bolts themselves are? if they're loose, it could cause the running issue you describe.

266 fastrunner

thanks for the advice it is greatley appreciated i have torqued the head and rebult the carb checked the manafold still it does the same when it starts it idles then for no reason goes to race mode you can gun the throttle and it might slow but it might run faster it is running at max rpm like comming apart rpms -

That sounds more like something relating to your throttle, not an air leak. but still the tests mentioned earlier cant hurt to be sure.

Latest posts

Back