Husky 266

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holland_patrick

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got my hands on a 266 se with the metal handle it was looked at and said it needed a new carb and it would be to expensive. So it was trashed and a stihl 290 took it's place. I got it to start and run a little bit by putting mix in the carb so I know it will run is there a rebuild for the carb or a new on I should put on? I'm going to replace all the lines while I'm in there what sizes should I get for them? It my first time tearin in to a saw so thanks for the help

Tillotson HS carb kits are pretty common. New carbs are still available @ around $80.

"Too expensive" really depends on the overall condition of the saw. If it's in good shape, a 266 is worth a new carb.

The 266 uses a molded fuel line, you might be able to rig something up but I'd just get the molded one. One of the sponsors may have them or you can find them on eBay. I highly recommend that you pressure/vac test it, I seized a 266 one time that had leaking crank seals...

Last edited:
The 266 uses a molded fuel line, you might be able to rig something up but I'd just get the molded one. One of the sponsors may have them or you can find them on eBay. I highly recommend that you pressure/vac test it, I seized a 266 one time that had leaking crank seals...

+1

I rescued a 266SE from a local shop that had a thrashed piston from leaking crank seals. I got to it before the cylinder was scored. I put a piston in it and replaced everything rubber on the saw (crank seals, fuel lines, gaskets, etc). That saw replaced a Stihl 029 that I sold on eBay.

Latest posts

Back