Husky 281 variations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking at a piston kit on E bayware and am wondering if the 281 had different displacements and were there any manufacturers to stay away from?
BTW the kit is only $18 + s%h.

If you want to change only the piston, there is no cc options, but 80.7.

..but if you change out the cylinder also, you could upgrade it into a 288xp.....:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

That model lived through at least one part number change that I recall....and there were 2 different early pistons but I can not remember the differences.

Does the e-bayer list a Huksy part # that his piston replaces? We could then confirm with your era 281......I doubt that the seller would have one of the early oddballs but ANYTHING is possible

Part # 503-502702 is what I ordered and my saw s/n is 6420473.
Thanks for the help guys.

Chris

Post a pic........I can only give a rough estimate by that....I can't remember the earlier ser#s but I remember the nightmare of the parts number changes

s/n is 6420473.

which I think is late middle period...but I could be completly wrong

As all know I am often enough ;)

I'll post pics later when I get it done.

Now for another question. If you take and try to move the connecting rod sided to side should it move?

As long as it only moves axially any radial play at the small end is highly questionable. The rod big ends on those cranks are shimmed on the loose side

Ok lets see if I can explain this. If you rotate the crank to TDC then try to pull up on the rod it doesn't move. But if you try side to side (starter side to clutch side) then it moves quite a bit.

As long as it only moves straight side to side(axial)....IE the small end does not tilt when you move it....radial in this instance means the tilt. There should be very little if any tilt

Latest posts

Back