Husky 345 has spark and fuel but won't pop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willing to bet the cylinder could be cleaned up- just a new piston and ring and repair whatever caused it to lean up and burn out (plastic manifold clip clamp?)
Hope you didn't pay much for it?
You're probably right. I'm sure I could get it figured out; my last project saw was an ms391 that needed a piston, but I built it up with a 25in bar. That gave me something in between my 20in saws an my Homey XL923 w/31in b&c. Thanks for the input. O

95 psi is the best I could get with my Guage. Certainly that's too low for a saw to run well, but would that stop it from firing at all?
I managed to get the flywheel off with a center punch and hammer directed at the end of the crankshaft (thanks to some YouTube videos I watched). Key was okay.
The rest of the news isn't so good. Piston is scored:
View attachment 998598
I guess I've got a parts saw because I doubt it's worth rebuilding. Besides, I don't really need another 45cc saw.
Thanks to all for the advice. Next time I'll check compression and examine the piston first! O
Theirs your problem . rings stuck in ring groves . some times they may run but poorly. Even may have some reasonable compression. When i buy a saw i always want the muffler hauled off to look .if the guy says cant get it off or no ,i usually leave it. In unless if he decidedes to let it go for price of parts or less. Had a few people who tried to sell me so called good saws over the years ,when i wanted muffler lot of times their tune changes.check cylendar might no be in bad shape as long no deep groves going up it . scuffed up badly may get away with piston and rings. I always replace rist pin bearing as well could have couple cracked roller bearings . if im rebuilding an old saw i always try and replace needle bearings on crank for connecting rod to.learned that 46 yrs ago with some homilites .first old machanic told me when i was rebuilding a old homilite 600D.

Back