Husky 345 into a 346xp???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have figured you would be on that conversion like a duck on a junebug Niko.
Especially since it will be even (slightly) lighter than a 346!
They don't have quite the power of the 346 either but are significantly stronger than the 350 with better handling and sideways balance!;)

Mike

ok....i can see i will have to try this project...not sure how soon though as i am in the middle of a move but when i get done i will post a full report & pics!...on the plastic case issue...will those saws last as long as an xp case...or is that their short coming?

I have the newer style 350 as well as a 346XP NE. The 346XP has a lot more power but the feel and balance is somewhat the same.

ok....i can see i will have to try this project...not sure how soon though as i am in the middle of a move but when i get done i will post a full report & pics!...on the plastic case issue...will those saws last as long as an xp case...or is that their short coming?

Could be, and of course it is missing the snap-off top cover, and may have a spur sprocket + the "loose muffler" syndrome.

Some plastic needs to be removed inside the case, to make room for the 346xp top end.

Back