Husky 353-350 converted Huztl parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frag-88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good day to forum users. Decided to share with you a fixation with further tuning...
I bought a husky 353 in poor condition in terms of engine. Crankcase will go to the donor, because we have 5 pieces 353. The rest I used for the alteration of the saw blade 350 model. Missing parts mostly Farmertec or Huztl, as you like))). Carburetor Zama c3-el42 with boot 359. I'm a little finished it. did the muffler mod, milling spacers to increase compression, slightly modified channels, but did not touch the inlet and outlet ports. Assembled without a gasket, the squish of 0.5 mm. The saw works fine.

Actually, I want to praise the team Farmertec. They really give a second life for chainsaws. We use for logging 372, 353. I slowly undone 353-350, because the 350 has almost all the parts from farmertec... 372 there are no problems))).

He's been a member for 10 months and this is the first post. I'm not thinking it's spam, but....it could be....

It looks like that is at least part of the problem, but on the other side it also looks like he is promoting China made aftermarket parts?

I think he's sharing his success at self servicing his saw using AM parts. Lots of those kind of posts here.

Consumers will always find a way to drive down pricing on goods when companies try to control the market and keep prices inflated. They seek other sources for similar/equivalent product at more favorable pricing. That's the very essence of smuggling, piracy, knock off products and in some cases genuine competition. Quality, safety, longevity etc. are often not as good as the real product.

Hi all. After about 5 tanks of fuel exhaust mod muffler fell off on soldering. How did it go... It looked as if I got another saw, about 70 ccm. Based on this, made a larger tube in the muffler...
Super, very light and powerful saw, nice work...
20161103_110636.jpg 20161103_110645.jpg

I think It's going to be difficult to change your spark plug with that now.
explain why? on 353 top cover latches, and 350 on the bolts. why?
if the saw is technically serviceable, the spark plugs do not need to change often...

explain why? on 353 top cover latches, and 350 on the bolts. why?
if the saw is technically serviceable, the spark plugs do not need to change often...
I was thinking the extra pipe in muffler looks like a "scrench"
Because of the hexagonal shape & size.

Just was being a bit flippant. Sorry if my joke was no good.

the tube is hexagonal because I have not found another and the tube except old long rusty key head. just cut off the right end and soldered to the exhaust. protruding tube absolutely does not interfere in the work, the chain brake works as it should.
I will try later to make a video, but there is no work for the saw. all sawn)))

Back