Huztl Farmertec MS360 kit build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Did some research on a MS360 build comming from Huztl but I didn't find any.
So after building one myself I tought posting some pictures and make a short review.

I only build the saw and run it for some minutes.
Did no cutting yet, so I'm not able yet to review it's performances.

the package was shipped on the 1st of april and was delivered at my door on the 10th of april by TNT.

All the parts:

IMG_3562.JPG

Start assembling the case and crank:

IMG_3563.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG

The cases are well finished. On one half there was some oxidation on the naked aluminum. It was easy to wipe of with a soft bras-haired brush.
Bearings are with metal spacers and turn verry smooth.

mounting the brake assembly:

IMG_3567.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG

=> don't forget to use sealant on the oil-pump screws because they threaded it into the case...

The brake is verry smooth and works fine without any modifications.
(in contrast to my 372 huztl, that was verry stiff and hard out of the box)

So far so good, plastics, gas tank and recoil are well build and well finished. Everything fits nice and easy.

IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3573.JPG

Coming at the cylinder/piston:

I don't use the farmertec cylinder/piston kits.
The reason is verry simple: poor quality.
The aluminum used for the casting is from bad quality so it expands more than good quality aluminum aloy.
Verry thin layer of chrome coating.
The piston to cylinder clearance is way to big (0,22mm on this one)
The pistonrings are made from poor metal casting, and the gap is to big (I measured 0,25mm and 0,32mm)
The quality of the finish at the ports is verry poor.
The cooling fins are to thick so airflow is not optimal.

So I've shoosen for a Hyway cylinder with meteor piston.

The piston/cylinder clearance is good (0,12mm)
The rings are from chromium alloyed steel and the gap is 0,14mm.
The ports are clean and well finished and have a larger flow than the Farmertec.
Nikasil coating (=Nickel-Silicium)

Some pics (Farmertec at the right)

IMG_3576.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG

mounting of the P/C:

IMG_3583.JPG
IMG_3585.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG

Everything fits nicely.
Squish without base gasket is 0,6mm. that's fine for me.

=> I put an OEM Stihl decompression valve in it because the Farmertec didn't seal completely.
(had the same problem on the 372)

Continued mounting the rest of the parts, muffler, handle, top cover,... no problems. everything fits.

IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3593.JPG

Some parts that were missing in the kit:

2 rubber seals are missing and even can't find them on the Huztl website. So maybe they should ad them on the kit:

where the ignition wires passes the case:

IMG_3564bis.jpg

the seal between the carb compensator and the air filter:
I ordered them on Sagenspezi, will get them soon.

IMG_3569bis.jpg

Last thing missing in the kit was the little brass nipple for the impuls line.
I took one of a scrap engine. In fact the 90° version is better than the straight nipple, I think...

IMG_3566.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG

Glad to see a little info on the 360 kit. I've been thinking about getting one for my mid size saw.

Looks good update us when you cut with it I've been impressed with the china 372s i modded.

I'm running 2 Farmertec top ends in my saws and they do quite well.. the 272 top end on a stroked 61 with a pipe has been making noise for many tanks of gas now and probably has well over double the stock power.. the big bore 066 top end I put on my 064 has only had 1 tank through it, but at 210 psi compression it runs really well.
I also noticed the difference in expansion rate of the aluminum, and I believe it saved the 272 build since it expands at least at the rate of the piston, so it doesn't bind up... might leave a little power on the table I guess.
Here's trying to start the 064 without decomp (I just installed one)

I'm running 2 Farmertec top ends in my saws and they do quite well.. the 272 top end on a stroked 61 with a pipe has been making noise for many tanks of gas now and probably has well over double the stock power.. the big bore 066 top end I put on my 064 has only had 1 tank through it, but at 210 psi compression it runs really well.
I also noticed the difference in expansion rate of the aluminum, and I believe it saved the 272 build since it expands at least at the rate of the piston, so it doesn't bind up... might leave a little power on the table I guess.
Here's trying to start the 064 without decomp (I just installed one)

Sure they work and run, but the little part of perfectionist in me wants to know my engine specs ar good and will run for a long time :)

The huztl 52mm big bore 372 kits are of a different plating process than the 50mm huztl kits about 25.00 usd shipped I'm very happy with them the 50 has over six gallons through it 160 comp the bigbore 4 tanks 170 comp after porting they are good runners i haven't tried the newer stihl am kits yet from huztl.20170402_175338.jpg

Just bcause we love pictures, here some of my Huztl 372.

Same build: Huztl kit, hyway/meteor pc, oem decomp.
Oh yes, and oem decals :D ( they only are a few € at the official dealer)

IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

nothing wrong with a 'roll your own" china sourced saw-- i have been impressed with my 372 and 440 builds.

The huztl 52mm big bore 372 kits are of a different plating process than the 50mm huztl kits about 25.00 usd shipped I'm very happy with them the 50 has over six gallons through it 160 comp the bigbore 4 tanks 170 comp after porting they are good runners i haven't tried the newer stihl am kits yet from huztl.View attachment 572267
Grack, what price are the 372 P&C's, you recon they are good? I have had two 038 mag P&C's one was ok and used it for a while, one was rubbish (the plating was thin at the base of the cylinder and I didn't want to run it) I now have a OEM 52mm on my 038.

But..... I have a 362xp that I am struggling to find a 365 or 372 top end for. Might go AM, but not sure what to buy.. Huztl/farmertec might be the answer. I am not bothered about the power differences between the 50mm and 52mm 372 kits I just want longevity.. Any advice would be well received :)

Grack, what price are the 372 P&C's, you recon they are good? I have had two 038 mag P&C's one was ok and used it for a while, one was rubbish (the plating was thin at the base of the cylinder and I didn't want to run it) I now have a OEM 52mm on my 038.

But..... I have a 362xp that I am struggling to find a 365 or 372 top end for. Might go AM, but not sure what to buy.. Huztl/farmertec might be the answer. I am not bothered about the power differences between the 50mm and 52mm 372 kits I just want longevity.. Any advice would be well received :)
Check your pm

If I were a professional faller where I was putting 8 hours a day on them, it would be a no brainer to go with OEM parts.. I was happy with the way my cylinder and piston looked and perform.. I did give it a little port cleanup, but didn't significantly change any timings... The 066 cylinder has a really small chamber with a wide squish band, squish was .018" with no gasket and I left it at that.

Yep oem is the way to go for add on parts to a Chinese build there quality of metal choices suck
A$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back