Husky 357xp and Auto decomp.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone here have troubles with their Husky 357xp auto decomp valve? My Husky 357xp seems to stay in decomp/open mode when idling for some odd reason. When I throttle/rev the saw the auto decomp valve goes into run/closed mode, but returns to decomp/open mode when idling. Is there a trick to fixing this problem, or is this normal? Is there a way I can eliminate the auto decomp feature? I have a few spare decomp valves, and plugs. How do I cap off the barbed fitting for the auto decomp at the cylinder base?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick Gajewski

Well I figured out what was wrong with my auto decomp valve on my 357xp. The decomp valve body was loose from the cylinder causing gasses to leak out. I took it apart, cleaned and reassembled everything. The decomp valve works fine now.

I just pick up this 357xp this past Saturday. I never imagined a 357xp was such a dynamite saw. Power beyond! Acceleration and speed that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck! Lightweight & nimble! A pleasure to cut with. Very impressive machine! I'm buying another.

Nick Gajewski

Back