Husky 359 - choke linkage broken / loose from carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman963

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well - I went to use my 359 today..... And when I pulled the choke out - it was just all loose and floppy and the saw definitely didn't try to start..... SO - I pulled the top cover, and the blue choke lever is no longer attached to the carb :cry:

I can see what looks like a small linkage part, on the end of the blue choke lever...... and I THINK I see the stud on the carb where it is supposed to me fastened.... So what I am wondering is does anyone know how the linkage fastens to the carb?? ANY info would be appreciated!! :cheers:

I have not messed with the 359 any more than looking at it - I just grabbed the Husky 385 and the Makita at did the cutting with those saws..... I am just wondering how to go about getting that linkage connected to the carb and working again!!!

The choke knob just snaps into the carb linkage.

like this.....

attachment.php

I have five huskys now and am amazed how they manage to hold together when so cheaply made.. plastic snapping into metal,like the choke setup,,carb mounting bolts are woodscrews into plastic,i dont think they have a bolt with a nut on it in a newer saw.. BUT,they do manage to hold together "fairly " well... dealers usually carry the disposable parts in stock so if you cant get the choke linkage to "snap" back in the dealer should have one..
option is to cut the snap in nub off and drill a hole there and use a cotter pin like a lot of manufacturers do that dont mind spending the extra three cents on the build..

Well I got it all fixed up today..... :cheers: She's up and runnin' again!

It turns out, the screw that holds the choke linkage to the carb musta vibrated loose :dizzy: LUCKILY - the screw was somehow still in the saw, down below the carb!!! :clap: SO - I cleaned it up real good and threw it back together with some LockTite!!

Latest posts

Back