husky 359 DA&! tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grapple Man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok this isn't a huge issue or a hard fix but i was curious is anyone else was having a similar issue. on my 08 model 359 my tank vent keeps working its way out of its housing. as far as i can tell there is no rib on the tank vent or housing to hold this in. was there supposed to be some sort of gasket material around the tank vent from the factory?? Again this isn't hard to fix just a huge pain in the A$$ when out in the field cutting, and fuel starts leaking out.

thanks

Joe

ok this isn't a huge issue or a hard fix but i was curious is anyone else was having a similar issue. on my 08 model 359 my tank vent keeps working its way out of its housing. as far as i can tell there is no rib on the tank vent or housing to hold this in. was there supposed to be some sort of gasket material around the tank vent from the factory?? Again this isn't hard to fix just a huge pain in the A$$ when out in the field cutting, and fuel starts leaking out.

thanks

Joe

Is yours the two small ronnd,flat discs? They just push in and the type made like an angle has a oring on the shaft.
Pioneerguy600

Is yours the two small ronnd,flat discs? They just push in and the type made like an angle has a oring on the shaft.
Pioneerguy600

Mine is the plastic insert that goes into a moulded angled hole in the top of tank of course. for lack of a better explanation shaped like a mini fuel filter with plastic sides. sorry that is really bad. it is one of those days at work. ha.

Mine is the plastic insert that goes into a moulded angled hole in the top of tank of course. for lack of a better explanation shaped like a mini fuel filter with plastic sides. sorry that is really bad. it is one of those days at work. ha.

it is number 2 on series J of the ipl

Last edited:
That is the third type of vent I have seen for the 359, it is different than mine so I will let someone with more experience with that type of vent step up to the plate. I would think it needs some type of sealer to make it tight and keep it in place unless there is an O ring but that would require a groove in the tank , oitherwise the housing of the vent would have to be a tight interference fit .
Pioneerguy600

Dug this out in a search...

Any solution?

My vent is lose and gas leaks around it. I tried "gluing" it back in with gasket sealer, but that didn't work. There doesn't seem to be any way to hold it in...not sure how it stayed before (well, I guess it didn't) or how it is designed to stay in. I am thinking if I reach in there with a soldering iron (I'll use the electric one...not the butane iron!) I can melt the vent to the tank enough to get it to stay...but if that doesn't work, it kinda limits other options so I'll take suggestions before I do that.

Thanks!

ran into this problem on a friends 2159. his popped out and we just pushed it back in. ran fine for a few months now it acts like the vent is plugged. runs fine for a few minutes and dies,open gas cap and runs again.
i haven't worked on it yet but im thinking thats what caused it to pop out the first time.

Get both the vent and the tank clean and dry. Use just a small dot of super glue on either side of the vent. This will hold it in place and also allow it to pop out when you want to replace it. The other solutions should work as well.

You could also score the vent with a razor knife in a few places. Should be enough interference to make it fit tighter and stay in place.
I think this would make it more prone to leaking...or am I mis-understanding what you mean? How would I do that in such a way that it would not increase the leak?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back