husky 359 or rancher 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I was kinda set on a Jred but I WILL NOT give my local dealer any money. He is VERY VERY shady. Plus he is 30 miles away so if I have any problems it's 30 miles to drop the saw off, 30 back, then I have to go get it once its repaired. There are a few husky dealers around columbus so I can get done what I need here in town.

micky

i dont think the stock 357 is worth havn over muffler modded 359, heck puln the spark screen outa the 359 might be enough of a muffler mod to make it the better choice when compared to the 357

Doubt you will need a dealer post-purchase if you get a pro saw. Parts are on the web, great advice here, the damn thing will just rip if you use good oil and gas and break it in right with a rich mixture. Having the UPS man deliver stuff is not only cheaper but fun like getting presents from Santa.
IPL/manuals are on the web, its plug and play. Just take care of it and the more you saw the better your technique will get. Replace the stock safety chain with Cartlon, Stihl or Husky semi chisel chain, buy some decent files and a guide, one of the best parts of owning a saw is the love you learn to give with good maintenance. JMO. I love to go out to the garage, turn on some tunes and get my saws ready for the next workout.

Plenty of love for 357

No love for the 357? .5 hp more same weight? Just the price or does a muffler modded 359 have an advantage....?
Having 2 359's I'd love an XP on that chasis. That would be my "dream saw". But I just can't justify the $$. I would have bought a 455/460 but I got a great deal on my second 359.
Mickey, consider Spike's advice. Most of the people who bash the 455/460 haven't used one.

Doubt you will need a dealer post-purchase if you get a pro saw. Parts are on the web, great advice here, the damn thing will just rip if you use good oil and gas and break it in right with a rich mixture. Having the UPS man deliver stuff is not only cheaper but fun like getting presents from Santa.
IPL/manuals are on the web, its plug and play. Just take care of it and the more you saw the better your technique will get. Replace the stock safety chain with Cartlon, Stihl or Husky semi chisel chain, buy some decent files and a guide, one of the best parts of owning a saw is the love you learn to give with good maintenance. JMO. I love to go out to the garage, turn on some tunes and get my saws ready for the next workout.

I thought the same thing but my '06 model had the problematic carb. The saw was within the warranty period and my local dealer warrantied the carb. even though I didn't buy from him. Not many dealers would have done that.

Back