Husky 359 worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two round files are 4mm. No clue why. They aren't for this 3/8ths chain. Bar is 18" and loaded with full chisel.

Besides worth, what exactly is this saw? Strato? Cat? HP? I have first dibs but won't take any advantage.

Thanks gents.

If I was in the market for one, I could see $300-350 if it checks out after pulling the muffler off and peeking inside. To the right buyer, $350-400.

The box and accessories are of no interest (or value) to me, but might be to some folks, and that might help bump up the price for that right buyer.

It's a low 4hp saw, essentially, but one with great potential for power gains with porting. The green gas cap suggests a cat muffler, but that's easy enough to do away with.

Good saw, cat muffler has to go. Same chassis as the 357xp but different P&C and no crank stuffers, many parts interchange. Judging by the bar it hasn't seen much use. $300-$350

Did some weighing of saws just now. All saws have about 1/2 tank of fuel. 359 Husky with 18" B+C: 16.8lbs. Jonsered 52 with 20" B+C: 18.2lbs. Jonsereds 2050 16" B+C: 14.6lbs.

I love handling the 2050. The 52 gets heavy after a while. It looks like the 359 falls right in between these two weight wise.

You got a nice saw and I think the powerbox and goodies are a plus. As some said change muffler and enjoy.

That looks like a very nice saw!

I've bought 3 different 359s, all for around $200, all needing a little work. A muffler mod and removing the base gasket really does help these saws run better. That said, it is not a 357xp... I have one of those, too, and it will spank a 359 (ported vs. ported & stock vs. stock.)

That looks like a very nice saw!

I've bought 3 different 359s, all for around $200, all needing a little work. A muffler mod and removing the base gasket really does help these saws run better. That said, it is not a 357xp... I have one of those, too, and it will spank a 359 (ported vs. ported & stock vs. stock.)

Don't mind me for responding 5 years down the road. But Ed Heard says differently. I have a12-15 yr old 357XP which he ported. It's a runner. But, as I was looking at a 359 to buy, he responded, saying that, while its a dual transfer, not quad port, being as it is 2 more cc's, ported it has more torque. I bought the saw, in pristine condition, for $375, and now am looking for a west coast builder to massage it!

Latest posts

Back