• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husky 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Husqvarna 359, fires right up and idles down nice and does a great job oiling.
I see it has what looks like a little magnesium rot on the bottom by the AV mount. It has the plastic intake clamp that still feels tight, the top cover has a small crack on the back by the handle, and the rubber seal where the throttle rod goes to the carb has a small hole in it. The gas cap leaks and the brake flag is stripped where it meets the clutch cover/brake actuator.
All the above "issues" will be in the pictures I'll also try to get a video of it running in wood tomorrow if I have a minute.
$200 plus shipping and most likely I can get it out tomorrow since I'll be at the post office.
Thanks for looking, pictures coming soon.

Good price on a great firewood saw!
Wow, been waiting to get the email to add pictures, 30 mins later :surprised3:, and it was from your reply to the ad o_O.
Thanks Dan.
Anyway here's some pictures guys.
Also the recoil has some of the vents/louvers broken out, still works just fine.
IMG_20190101_233733672.jpg IMG_20190101_233752856.jpg IMG_20190101_233824479.jpg IMG_20190101_233834240.jpg IMG_20190101_233859916.jpg

One of the best firewood saws. I've got 2 of them. In my neck of the woods it's bout all you need.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
I've tried to convince folks of this for many yrs, so many guys think if it doesn't say xp on it it won't cut. A good sharp chain is one of the biggest factors to me, with out a sharp chain it doesn't matter what saw you use. I've had many of these saws through the yrs and sold probably 20, I like them a lot for a 60cc saw, unfortunately I don't use a 60cc saw much or is it fortunately I go right from 50cc to 70cc :).
Hopefully I can get you some piston pictures tonight.

Well I got some pictures, looks like it has at least a carbon smear on the upper portion of the piston, lower portion is clean.
I put it all back together and it popped on the second pull and was running on the 3rd.
Let me know if you guys have any more questions or want pictures of anything else.
I'll hold out running it in wood(I haven't yet) as I wouldn't want to damage anything.
Thoughts/advice on it guys.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UCczrXq5kswV42a3A

I've tried to convince folks of this for many yrs, so many guys think if it doesn't say xp on it it won't cut. A good sharp chain is one of the biggest factors to me, with out a sharp chain it doesn't matter what saw you use. I've had many of these saws through the yes and sold probaly 20, I like them a lot for a 60cc saw, unfortunately I don't use a 60cc saw much or is it forunately I got right from 50cc to 70cc :).
Hopefully I can get you some piston pictures tonight.

I think of the 359 as a saw I would just keep in my truck all the time! I agree with all the praise noted above. If I could only have one saw it would be a 359. Thank God I kept my last one, currently a project, and with a jug I bought from Tim, this winter , I can get it screaming again!

Well I got some pictures, looks like it has at least a carbon smear on the upper portion of the piston, lower portion is clean.
I put it all back together and it popped on the second pull and was running on the 3rd.
Let me know if you guys have any more questions or want pictures of anything else.
I'll hold out running it in wood(I haven't yet) as I wouldn't want to damage anything.
Thoughts/advice on it guys.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UCczrXq5kswV42a3A
Thing is, if a fella uses good mix and keeps his chains sharp this saw will keep putting wood in the shed for a long time despite the couple warts. This could be a great one saw plan on the cheap for a home firewooder.

Back