Husky 365 Muffler Mod Tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aktoyota

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just did a little muffler mod on the 365 and I'm not sure if its tuned correctly. I've tuned all sorts of motorcross bikes so tuning is not a new idea. The only questions I have is how much richer I had to go. I drilled a 3/8 hole on the top right side of the muffle and added a small piece of bent hydraulic tubing for an elbow. Nothing crazy. Tuned the saw out and it runs excellent but the high speed screw is out more than 3/4 turn more than before. Does this sound right? I just didn't think I would need that much more fuel. Carb has new gaskets and fuel line and the plug is running light brown( not too lean). Will the 365 carb fuel enough for the muffler mod? I was thinking of a light port job but am wondering if I can get enough fuel.

Sounds fine - mine did about the same thing once my 365 muffler was done. Did ya check it while buried in wood? The only time your carb would be different or where one has to worry about getting enough fuel is if a big bore kit was installed. My $.02.

Back