Husky 365 special no start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabamatriker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Working on a 365sp that was a former logging crew saw. I was in a pile of stuff I got from a logger that wanted it gone. No history on it. It was complete except for sprocket and clutch cover. Muffler bolts were (still are) frozen in cyl. Cant get them out. Pulled cyl. piston looks fine, no scratches or scoring. Ring was worn thin. Replaced ring. New fuel line and filter. Cleaned decomp. Havnt put a comp gauge in it yet but comp is way up after ring replacement. It has good spark. It will not even hit with mix dribbled into carb. Fuel is getting to plug, you can smell fresh fuel on it. What do I check next? Will a bad crank seal make it not run at all? Can't do a vac/pressure test bc cant get muffler off. Thoughts?

I'm having a similar go'round with a 372 I just put together. My next thing to try is a coil. I get good spark but I'm not sure under compression.

I had the same issue with a Jonsered 2165 just the other day. Had spark. I thought it was maybe getting flooded. Cleaned the carb, checked all the lines, etc. etc. Then I realized I'd pretty well eliminated everything else, so I swapped a known good coil on from one of my Husqvarna 350s to try and, bang. That was it. So it was the old "doesn't get spark under compression" issue that I've always read about but had never seen in action before. The coil from the 340/345/346XP/350 series fits, though the wire was short so I had to route it "incorrectly" to get it to reach the plug. I hope that helps.

I had the same issue with a Jonsered 2165 just the other day. Had spark. I thought it was maybe getting flooded. Cleaned the carb, checked all the lines, etc. etc. Then I realized I'd pretty well eliminated everything else, so I swapped a known good coil on from one of my Husqvarna 350s to try and, bang. That was it. So it was the old "doesn't get spark under compression" issue that I've always read about but had never seen in action before. The coil from the 340/345/346XP/350 series fits, though the wire was short so I had to route it "incorrectly" to get it to reach the plug. I hope that helps.
I believe you can change the coil wire. Just unscrew it and screw the longer one in.

It has been thru a few heat cycles now. Starts easily and runs good. Haven't put it in the wood yet. Need a few more parts to finish it out. It just seems happy its commercial logging days are done and it gets to hang out with my other lazy saws.

Back