• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy HUSKY 372XPW(75cc) MINT or NOS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the best I got, with some cleaning off the sap I think this is pretty Mint, I would sell for $850 paypal plus shipping PHO, similar to price of new one but without bar/chain. Its a 2008 XPW, sticker is peeling away at bottom but matches the rest of saw. Only mod if muffler with I think the 288xp deflector.
Would you be interested in a trade? I have a new Stihl MS 261 C-M fitted with a 3/8 rim sprocket, 18" ES bar and 3 new chains plus some cash.

Well the saw was almost sold but there is a mark on the piston and compression is around 140. I can't feel ridge on the mark to indicate it is evidence of scoring, and its a strange shape like a football, but I plan to bring to my go-to dealer next week to see what they think.

Sorry not interested in any trades at the moment, just cash for bills, etc. Pic of piston, not really football shaped but more like a guppy by eye, tough to get pics of the it due to the angle. Don't want to sell saw until I get this addressed.

dsc02632-jpg.389653

Above that mark on the piston looks fine, and rest of piston still has oiling marks, and pic of compression, anyone know what the normal compression is on the 372xpw 75cc? I have another that is 150psi.

dsc02635-jpg.389650

dsc02638-jpg.389654

Dealer didn't think there would be a concern with the mark on the piston or compression, but that there was old residue from gas in the cylinder and suggested due to saw not running for a while to run some seafoam mixed in with the gas/oil and idle for a long while.

Only other thing they did was fix the spark plug wire end (spark plug side) with a new one, they have the right tool to pierce the wire at the correct distance from end, then insert the new end, and crimp.

The one in VT is a built 372XPW, not NOS, not much sense in my opinion buying a built saw when you can buy a new model 2166/365 and have it fully ported and more than likely end up with a better performing saw for the money.
A ported OE 372 will outperform a ported XTorq. You could always buy a new XTorq and convert it to OE. BTW, I prefer the 71cc cylinder to the 75cc one.

Sold a few, jeez I thought $500 was fair. Funny how I get told on here my prices are way too high.

All depends on the saw and the person looking for one, personally I would rather buy a stock saw that is no longer available in as good condition as possible. I sold a 372xpw 75cc to a fellow a couple weeks back and he said he was getting it ported, so instead we made a deal on a mint 372xp 2002 with stickers still, since it ports better according to many here, so I have an extra 372xpw 75cc, which for those keeping it stock and want the large spikes and wrap handle, I think is a nice saw. One of these days i'll run a ported saw, my 10mm 044 will suffice for now. How about the 371xp, are the ports or intake/exhaust different than the 372xp? They are still quad ports but I don't have that saw, don't see one around here too often.

The 71cc cylinder from the 371 is the same as the 71cc cylinder from the 372. The early 375K (75cc) had different port timing than the 75cc XPW but the later 375k used the same cylinder as the 372XPW.

Is there any way to tell the difference bw the early and late 375K cylinder without taking timing numbers?

Back