Husky 390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't personally ran one yet. Everybody here or elsewhere seems to love them though. Except Simon of course.:)

I've heard they are smoother and a bit more powerful than the 385.

I was talking about the Husky 390. Just I had heard the 361 was running rings around the 441 in 40 inch wood so assumed it would keep up with a 390xp. :jester:

Hey Ben

Has anyone got much time on it and how do you like it?

I got one last week. I've never run any Huskys before so I'm still trying to make up my mind about it. All I've done so far is buck some oak and madrone firewood logs with it.
It's smoother running (vibration wise) than the 660 I'm used to and it seems to balance out better with a 36" bar.
I'm really trying to like the saw because anything you spend a Grand on should suit you but I'm so used to 660s that it just feels wierd.
I'll be able to tell more about it after I get into some serious cutting with it. There's nothing so far that I seriously don't like.

390 runs great. same parts as good old 385 except for new cyl / piston

light enough to do anything with a 24", powerful enough to put the big bars on. industry std for logging in NZ unless you own a ####l

My 390 puts a smile on my face every time I start it.....The exhaust note at idle reminds me of a an old 2-stroke racebike.It cuts well, and runs really smooth.....I'd love to try out a 660 for comparison though.Torque is addictive.

The 390 Is Apreety Good Saw No Prolems Yet It Is Ayear Old.

Latest posts

Back