Jonsered 2171 vs Husqvarna 372xp Crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphadelta

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are they interchangeable?

So I checked and the part #s and from what I can tell they are different but not sure if that’s just a brand thing.

I know many parts are interchangeable but is the crankcase?

All pretty similar until you get to the brake knee- minor differences there.
Mounting points for the brake flags differ from Husqvarna to Jonsered @Cantdog made a video that explains it from memory.
Nope not me.....that stuff's to "new" for me!!!! Probably Bob annd/or Afleetcommand

They are identical if they are from the same era. 372 ran from the XP to the xtorq era, which involved the 2171 and 2172.

2071 is the same as a 371
2171 is the same as a 372XP (pre-xtorq)
2172 is the same as a 372 xtorq

One is painted red and the other is painted orange, only difference

They are the same but,If you use the red cases you have to use the red top handle and chain brake flag.Also the arm the brake flag sets on,on the clutch side. Other than that all the other parts will enter change.If you use a orange tank on it,you use a orange top handle.Hope this helps.

Yes this is true but you can build the original cylinder on either. But you will have extra clearance on the top cover if you put the original cylinder on xt cases with xt top cover.Which will effect air flow. But the parts i mentioned still have to go on the right tank and cases.

Back