Husky 394's 394 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdhotsaw

Yoda
Reaction score
Here's 2 photo's of Chuck Coburn's 394 hotsaw. He still needs to install the pipe but before I sent it off I did manage a 1 second cut with the muffler in a 8 x 8 cant. He needs to break it in and install the pipe to see how it runs.
ken
[email protected]

Thanks Ken, the saw is awsome!

I raced the saw on Friday at Harford, PA, after only 1 practice cut. I botched the first try at starting it, but it lit up on the second pull. My only good chain was on one of my stock saws, so I was running it with a new loop of CL 72. With the good chain on it, and the pipe, I should be able to run with alot of folks in smaller wood. I only have one or two shows left this season, but I'm already looking forward to running it over a full season next year, Lord Willing.

I've got some pictures of the last two contests, I'll get them posted as soon as I figure out how.:confused:

Unfortuately, my wife was back at our van and didn't hear my name being announced, so I don't have any pictures of me running that saw. :(

Chuck

I wouldn't have the base knowledge I do if Ken didn't spend hours with me jamming it into my head. Not many can say that they have shared the real info with anyone.....

Chuck,
Well Harford was fun and exciting, That is as much as I will say on that subject. As for running the saw, If there is ever another get together then I will try and help you out with the cold start. Theres a few tricks to make the 395 start. Like telling the saw it mother was a Crapsman... make is mad and you would be amazed at how fast they jump up and run.

Later,
Chris

Latest posts

Back