Husky 45 stop switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesec

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I posted several posts about 3 or 4 months ago regarding this Husky saw. I got a great deal of advice that was very helpful and appreciated. Let me tell you the full story. About a year ago, I purchased a Husky 45 at a yard sale. When I took it home, I saw that it had spark. I got it to sputter and run only for brief periods of time. I then took the carb off, cleaned and put a new kit in it. The saw did basically the same thing. I couldn't figure out what the deal was, so I replaced the boot and the impulse tube. Still didn't work. I put it away and glared at it for several months. I finally had some time to mess iwth it today. My guess was the ignition wasn't sparking under compression, so I took it off, cleaned all the surfaces and regapped it. I started it and it seemed to run a little better, but would cut off after a short time. Then I realized the stop switch was vibrating and losing connection. Anyway, I wedged a screwdriver to hold it, and low and behold the saw decided to run, and run really well. I put everything back together and tuned the carb, and I think I'm going to like the result. Seems like a little screamer of a saw. The lesson on this one is to check everything in the ignition connection before you tackle fuel issues. I know this was wierd.

Thanks to all,

E. C. Jones

Latest posts

Back