Husky 51 oiling issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dengel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey there folks,
I just finished rebuilding an older model 51 and noticed that the oiling hole on the crank case aligns with the bar adjustment hole on the bar, not the oil injection hole. So she slobbers oil errywhere. Have y'all run in to this before? I'll post pics if requested.

Hey there folks,
I just finished rebuilding an older model 51 and noticed that the oiling hole on the crank case aligns with the bar adjustment hole on the bar, not the oil injection hole. So she slobbers oil errywhere. Have y'all run in to this before? I'll post pics if requested.
It shouldn't. Does the bar look like either of these?

Attachments

• A041 vs A095.pdf
    177.7 KB · Views: 18
095 is Husqvarna small mount bar. 009 is large mount. You want small mount and I have had to open oil hole on a few bars to get them to oil properly. Make sure when you adjusting chain and tighten bar nuts to be lifting on nose of bar. Post a picture of your bar specs, should be stamped or printed on bar.

The specs are worn to a point where I can't get a good pic of them. But it is the K095. Is it possible that the chain is a little to long?

Do you have another k095 bar you could try? You can put the bar on without the chain and clutch cover, use washers as spacers so you can tighten the bar nuts. Crank it up and can see what is going on with the oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Do you have another k095 bar you could try? You can put the bar on without the chain and clutch cover, use washers as spacers so you can tighten the bar nuts. Crank it up and can see what is going on with the oil.

I already tried that with a 16 and 20 inch bar I had laying around. Same result.

Thanks for the pic.
2 questions.
Is the metal plate that covers the bar mount on the clutch cover fitted properly?
Is the molded rubber oil pump outlet block a tight fit between the oil pump barrel and the back of the stainless steel cover plate?

Thanks for the pic.
2 questions.
Is the metal plate that covers the bar mount on the clutch cover fitted properly?
Is the molded rubber oil pump outlet block a tight fit between the oil pump barrel and the back of the stainless steel cover plate?
Yes, that's all fitted correctly. Would the 51 have been fitted with the wider Rancher style bar? It really seems like either the chain is too long or the bar is too skinny.

Maybe I should give a little background here. I was given the saw with a blown lower end, and two bars. I replaced the lower end and piston, and whatever other little things were busted over the years, and just got to fitting the bar. It's definitely not the original bar to the saw. Pretty certain the guy bought it at Lowes off the shelf.

In your sig you list a Husky 445. The bar and chain on that should interchange with the 51, unless there's a pitch mismatch.

Drive link count for standard profile Oregon K095 mount bars.
13" 56DL
15" 64DL
16" 66DL
18" 72DL

3/8
15" 56DL
16" 60DL
18" 68DL
20" 72DL

It's the same bar that's on my 445. I checked the part numbers against each other. And I'm using an old chain from my 445 to fit. Both .325, 72DL. Something seems fishy...

I just looked at mine. If I loosen the chain up like I'm going to remove it, it looks just like your pic. When I tension the chain, you can't see the oil hole through the bar adjuster hole anymore. I think your chain is too short.

I just looked at mine. If I loosen the chain up like I'm going to remove it, it looks just like your pic. When I tension the chain, you can't see the oil hole through the bar adjuster hole anymore. I think your chain is too short.

I'
Thanks for looking at that for me. I appreciate it. It could totally be operator error, even though I've tried various bar and chain combos. Might be time for me to walk away from it for a minute....

I'
Thanks for looking at that for me. I appreciate it. It could totally be operator error, even though I've tried various bar and chain combos. Might be time for me to walk away from it for a minute....
The driver count should be stamped in the bar. Count the driver links on the chain to be sure it matches. Thats all I can come up with unless the saw has the wrong adjuster or something.

Latest posts

Back