Husky 545 Bar and Chain Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsdws

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got my new to me 545 power head last week and thought I had myself all squared away on bars and chains. Now I'm questioning...just to be on the safe side.

The saw has the .325 sprocket so I purchased an Oregon Power Match Plus bar (0.050/1.3 .325 66) that came with two Husky chains marked H30. I believe this is the narrow kerf bar and appropriate "Pixel" chains? I also bought two Oregon chains 33SL 066X. They are stamped "33" on them.

Are these simply the regular kerf chain and are they okay for my bar?

Sorry in advance for the newbie questions.....I thought I had this all figured out when I purchased but just being sure here.

The Oregon power match bar is for standard .325 chain. If you run .325 narrow kerf (pixel) chain with that bar it will tend to bind in the cut when the cutters on your chain become shorter from sharpening because the chain kerf becomes narrower. (if that makes sense)

The correct Oregon bar for narrow kerf chain is the Micro Lite Pro. That bar will work with either chisel or narrow kerf chain.

The Oregon 33SL is a chisel chain with safety links so it considered a safety chain.

Back