Husky 545

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmarciano19

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have a 545 auto tune that i got from a coworker and I couldn't seem to figure it out. I changed the top end since it was toasted, after the topend it started and ran well for all of about 5 mins then saw would start run for a coupler of seconds and cut out. so I took it to the shop in town and they put a new seal and I believe he said new bearings in, but they said it kept popping seals out. didn't charge me for it cause I'm in that hardware store quite a bit. did a compression check thinking maybe the topend went out, compression was good don't remember exact number. any help would be appreciated.

have a 545 auto tune that i got from a coworker and I couldn't seem to figure it out. I changed the top end since it was toasted, after the topend it started and ran well for all of about 5 mins then saw would start run for a coupler of seconds and cut out. so I took it to the shop in town and they put a new seal and I believe he said new bearings in, but they said it kept popping seals out. didn't charge me for it cause I'm in that hardware store quite a bit. did a compression check thinking maybe the topend went out, compression was good don't remember exact number. any help would be appreciated.

Are you talking about crank seals?

yes crank seals is what i meant. i used to have a 545 and it was a pretty good saw for me but i sold it, so i wanted another one

I have been working with the 550s and 545s lately…I’m not a dealer…got several from tree services that dump them when they won’t run, since they don’t want to get into the AT printouts and numbers and cost for that CST (common service tool) linkage at the dealer. So I get the saw for 60 bucks, take carb out and jot down coil numbers, and take carb to the dealer for the fuel settings, rpm, temp, diagnostic code printout. I get charged 45 bucks for this, and also includes firmware update. My point is to to get all info possible to determine WHY the saw “toasted”. This info includes the AT printed history, visual inspection, compression and leak (vacuum and pressure) test. I never saw crank seals pop out. plenty get brittle or deformed to leak. Seems maybe you could find out why the top end failed in the first place. IMHO.

Latest posts

Back