Husky 55 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneOhio1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do i open the muffler up ? Can i buy a muffler already opened up? Do i have to readjust the carb ? By opening up the muffler will this give me more power? This saw does run good it's only a yr old. I do plan on getting a bigger saw. Please stick to the 55 Racher comments

How do i open the muffler up ?

Bust out a drill and maybe some mesh for spark arresting and maybe a deflector to weld or screw on, and you'll be set. Do a search for "Muffler Mod" and you'll have plenty of reading.

Can i buy a muffler already opened up?

In a sense: you can have your current muffler done by someone else or you can have them work on a new muffler for you.

Do i have to readjust the carb ?

Yes. More air out = more air in = need to match that with more fuel in, so you will need to richen up the mix on both ends but especially on the high side.

By opening up the muffler will this give me more power?

Yes, it will. You will get more power, more noise, less heat, and a longer-lasting engine.

This saw does run good it's only a yr old. I do plan on getting a bigger saw. Please stick to the 55 Racher comments

OK.

Muff Mod 55

Wayne, I own one of these and here is what I did. Removed the muffler and seperate the two halves.If you wish to save the baffle or discard it is up to you.The baffel in mine went AWOL. Well this is about all that I did to mine, and yes you will need to richen up the carb.Hearing protection is strongly recomended.You should notice an increased acceleration Ken

Back