Husky 562XP - Nothing But Problems!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant speak for the low pro...but the 3/8 chisel is what I was speaking of...is is made by carlton but if you buy a loop of Carlton branded and a loop of Woodland Pro and compare them side by each for fit and finish the difference is easy to see. Again I have had good luck with Woodland Pro 3/8 chisel...just a tad less smooth overall....

No wonder it is less smooth - Carlton doesn't make low-vibe chain.

LOL there will never be a post that doesn't end up Stihl vs. Husky... hahahaha.... Personally, I use Oregon chain and it rarely dulls cause I run it backwards. Cuts slower but stays duller. er..... uhhhh :clap:

No wonder it is less smooth - Carlton doesn't make low-vibe chain.

LOL...I was not talking of the smoothness of cut but the smoothness of the chrome finish on the less expensive chain. The finish on the bits on the Woodland pro chain is rough compared to the others it has been compared to....Carlton, Oregon and Stihl branded chains.....

Troll does not like any discontent among the troops.

Can we turn this into a 5100 bash somehow?

LOL...I was not talking of the smoothness of cut but the smoothness of the chrome finish on the less expensive chain. The finish on the bits on the Woodland pro chain is rough compared to the others it has been compared to....Carlton, Oregon and Stihl branded chains.....

:laugh::laugh: Well, the finish isn't great on Carlton branded chain either - but I doubt it really matters much.

The vibe factor likely matters more.

stihl chain, while harder to put and edge on, will hold an edge longer than any husky/oregon chain. oregon chain is soft by comparison, and it is easy to tell when hand fileing it. stihl chain is made by stihl, and is more expensive for a reason, it is a superior chain in every way. so i call b.s., on both of your statements............
I always thought the reason it was more expensive was because of the word STIHL stamped into the side plates, everything else is.

I love my 562, and the Oregon chain that I run on it. I, and many others I'm sure, use these threads as a valuable tool for finding information that you won't get from talking to a dealer. Let's keep this on track. :arg::cheers:

Last edited:
Back