• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husky 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blstr88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I picked this up about a month ago...I wanted a bigger saw for bucking firewood than my Stihl 50cc saws.

I've run about 5 tanks through it now and while its a sweet running saw I honestly just dont notice enough of a difference over my 50's to warrant keeping the money tied up in it. I'm not going to give it away...if it doesnt sell I'll keep running it but I figured I'd see if theres any interest before running any more fuel through it. If it sells I may pick up a 70cc saw which is probably what I should have done from the start.

So its a practically new 562xp, has a 20" Frostbite bar from Windy Ridge here in NH...comes with two 3/8 chains, one of which is on there and has been lightly sharped by me with a Husky 2-in-1 sharpener, the other one is still brand new in package. Saw will come with both chains and the 2-in-1 sharpener.

All the fuel Ive run through it has been 91 ethanol free with synthetic Stihl oil mixed 50:1, B&C oil was also Stihl oil. The bar does show a few small spots where the paint has worn...I can take pictures of that if you'd like to see, otherwise its like new.

Looking for $700/shipped for everything.

enhance

enhance

Thanks for all the offers guys but no trades. The only thing I might consider is a 70cc Stihl and even then I'd probably only do it if you're local so we can run the saws before trading.

fyi ... if you don't notice any difference between this saw and your 50cc stihl (provided its not ported ) then you will not notice much of a difference from a 70cc saw either .. the 562 series is one of my favs....I would run it/keep it... just my humble opinion :)
I was thinking the same thing. I assume this would compare to a stihl 361-362, man I love those saws. Great power to weight ratio. I sharpen a 361 for a friend and always find at least one or two logs that need cut around the sawmill while I have it ;) it'll keep up with my husky 570 and it's a 68cc saw.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

So I picked this up about a month ago...I wanted a bigger saw for bucking firewood than my Stihl 50cc saws.

I've run about 5 tanks through it now and while its a sweet running saw I honestly just dont notice enough of a difference over my 50's to warrant keeping the money tied up in it. I'm not going to give it away...if it doesnt sell I'll keep running it but I figured I'd see if theres any interest before running any more fuel through it. If it sells I may pick up a 70cc saw which is probably what I should have done from the start.

So its a practically new 562xp, has a 20" Frostbite bar from Windy Ridge here in NH...comes with two 3/8 chains, one of which is on there and has been lightly sharped by me with a Husky 2-in-1 sharpener, the other one is still brand new in package. Saw will come with both chains and the 2-in-1 sharpener.

All the fuel Ive run through it has been 91 ethanol free with synthetic Stihl oil mixed 50:1, B&C oil was also Stihl oil. The bar does show a few small spots where the paint has worn...I can take pictures of that if you'd like to see, otherwise its like new.

enhance

enhance
Hey buddy here is a idea . Send your saw to a saw builder . Randy Evans aka master mind work saws in Tennessee . Or awol ,Alan in Missouri. Let them port it . And then a 70 cc Stihl won't be needed

Another thing to consider is chain/bar combo and condition. A somewhat sharp chain on a 50cc and a 60cc will cut about the same, way lower than potential. Really to have a nice comparison, you'd need a new chain on both saws with both having good conviction bars and use them back to back on the same log. Also, depending on species, I can make a new chain cut a little faster by taking a little off the cleaners. Just be careful not to take too much.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

enhance

enhance
If ther

There has to be a noticeable difference in the 562 vs. any 50cc saw, I own one of these and it's a freakin beast of an saw you might have it checked out. I run this saw with a 24" bar and you can't bog it down. Then again it may not be broke In yet but I'm telling ya mines a monster it'll smoke my buddies 461 Stihl he's thinking about selling it and buying a Husky. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
There has to be a noticeable difference in the 562 vs. any 50cc saw, I own one of these and it's a freakin beast of an saw you might have it checked out. I run this saw with a 24" bar and you can't bog it down. Then again it may not be broke In yet but I'm telling ya mines a monster it'll smoke my buddies 461 Stihl he's thinking about selling it and buying a Husky. Good luck
Don't think I've seen you around, so welcome to the forum Bear.
That's funny, now we're talking about a 461 with problems lol.
I'd suggest putting a 32 on both and then let us know how they compare :).

Don't think I've seen you around, so welcome to the forum Bear.
That's funny, now we're talking about a 461 with problems lol.
I'd suggest putting a 32 on both and then let us know how they compare :).
No disrespect but we both run 24" bars and cut oak and Hickory and 562 walks the 461. I own both Stihl and Husky and are leaning towards Husky due to MS series saws are terrible.. like I said no disrespect

Latest posts

Back