Husky Autotune Interpretation Experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby074

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys. Still having issues with my first gen (2012) 562XP stalling off idle when hot.

The saw will pass a pressure and vac test (carb removed), but I think I have a small air leak, maybe around the carb. I have a new intake, Intermediate Wall and Carb Flange on order but the flange wont be in until February 2023!!! And I think it is the flange that I really need to be replacing because I can kill the saw with brake clean sprayed by where the carb meets the intake pipe. All these parts have had several revisions since this saw was made so I suspect Husky found problems there.

Anyways, I took the saw to a local dealer to get the Firmware flashed, carb electronics tested (TPS etc) and any old codes read.

I was told the Firmware 1.0.18 I have was the most current for my setup which surprised me. That firmware was installed over 4 years ago IIRC. Carb is a El46 329a. Coil is 584 61 70-01b

As to codes, He said I have Code 17 (Low Idle, Bad Acceleration, Maximum Lean) , 39 times. Which seems to jive with my problems. Ill also attach the screen shots as well.

The dealer wasnt super confident in diag. the 562 nor Autotune in general. What do you guys think?

Capture33.JPG
Capture11.JPG

Capture22.JPG

Can you McGyver it air tight with some Dirko?

I thought about that but its on the end where the intake attaches to the carb itself (I think). Ive tried greasing the tubes up where they slide onto the carb to try to seal it better but it made no difference.

Im hoping that someone can look at the Autotune data and tell me if its indicating a leak or some other problem. Unfortunately the dealer is still pretty new to Autotune, even this far along, and was not much assistance.

I know its not a AT saw.....but still....test it with some wd40 or brakecleaner...

Yup! Thats exactly what I think Is going on. Thanks for that vid, I havent seen it before. The fact it has to get hot is the most frustrating part, drives you nuts like he said. I recorded a video a while ago showing me testing with carb cleaner. I can kill it pretty easy spraying near the boot to carb junction.

I know Husky has revised these intake parts several times since my saw was made. I think they realized there were problems. I got the revised intake boot and Int. Wall (heat shield) in hand now but the Flange wont be in until Feb. I think the carb flange is the key piece IMHO

Heres my test:

Latest posts

Back