husky chainsaw goes full throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moline

Reaction score
I have a husky chain saw. soon as u start it it reves full throttle. I already checked throttle linkage its ok can any body help me.

moline said:
I have a husky chain saw. soon as u start it it reves full throttle. I already checked throttle linkage its ok can any body help me.

How long has this been happening? New saw to you? A saw will do that if there is almost no gas in the tank. Thats just an easy place to start.

Take off the air filter. Look into the carburetor. Is the butterfly stuck or is something else wrong? Is the high speed lock engaged? This is usually one click off the full choke. Is the throttle screw, on the carburetor, screwed in? Give us some more information. Mike

I don't know what your experience with chainsaws is, but if you pull the choke then your throttle will be engaged and locked until you pull the throttle trigger.
That's the way it's designed.

It could be a more complicated problem, but we should start with the basics.

husky

I have checked carborator and throttle handle. Everything seemes to be working right. Its hard to start, and I've tried adjusting mixture screws but nothing helps. Maybe has an airleak? I think the saw is a 480 husky or a little smaller not really sure has a 20 inch bar. Its an older husky with the fuel and oil tank stacked top to bottom. Also looking for clutch cover for 650 homelite.

moline said:
I have checked carborator and throttle handle. Everything seemes to be working right. Its hard to start, and I've tried adjusting mixture screws but nothing helps. Maybe has an airleak? I think the saw is a 480 husky or a little smaller not really sure has a 20 inch bar. Its an older husky with the fuel and oil tank stacked top to bottom. Also looking for clutch cover for 650 homelite.
Ok,if you check throttle linkage and throttle plate is not worn and the throttle shaft is not worn at the carb body,then he has to be an air leak.First check the gasket each side of the plastic block(if its a 480)if they are well aligned,damaged or the block is not cracked.But usually a saw that got an air leak wont run full throttle as soon you start,the rpm will go up and down,not a stedy high rpm,thats why it looks like a linkage or worn throttle plate.

Maybe this is dumb but, is your throttle bar in the wrong hole of the throttle plate control on the outside of the carb? Some have many holes in'em and if you assembled yourself its possible to do so its always at full throttle even without the trigger locked. Also check the carb gasket and mounting screws. If none of this than highly likely airleak.

Doc

I found the problem today I pulled the intake off who ever had it before me had it apart and did not put the gasket in right it was half in. every body thanks for your commets.

Back