Husky fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ridgebacks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. The 261 to 262xp conversion is now on the list of things to do. In the mean time, I want to know what makes the pigtail fuel line so special? My saw wouldn't stay running at the wood pile and then refused to start at home. After changing the plug, checking the filter, removing the carb, etc. I checked the fuel line and it was split in several places between the tank grommet and the airbox grommet. First, is there a way to prevent this. Second, I used a piece of fuel line from an RC boat that normally has methanol/75% nitromethane in it. Is there any reason that I should not have used this line? Lastly, is there anything else about the 261 that I can tweak or should know about? I'm ordering the piston and clutch as soon as the funds are there!

I had to replace a fuel line on my 262 and I wondered what the pigtail was for.
As far as I can see what it does is allow for the tank filter to fall anywhere in the tank without kinking and restricting fuel flow.
Put another way, if you put a piece of straight fuel line the same length as the pigtail into the tank it would be folded and kinked.

Yeah, the muffler too. Can anyone tell me if there is a reason the Husky line is coiled. I was going to go the wood pile this morning when I got off of work. But, when I got home to get the saw, it wouldn't start again. A little checking revealed that the soft silicone? fuel line had slightly kinked coming into the airbox and again going into the carb barb. The fit had also relaxed around the barb. I rerouted the hose to eliminate kinks and cut a piece of smaller hose to go over the barb and then pushed the fuel line over to seal. A couple of quick pulls and all was well. Anyway, about that line?

So do you install the whole fuel line or shorten it some? I have a new fuel line to put in my 2171 when my piston kit gets here, but want to do it right. The fuel line in the saw when I bought it used was not corkscrew shaped.

Waylan

Second, I used a piece of fuel line from an RC boat that normally has methanol/75% nitromethane in it. Is there any reason that I should not have used this line? Lastly, is there anything else about the 261 that I can tweak or should know about? I'm ordering the piston and clutch as soon as the funds are there!

I know that on R/C planes you use a different fuel line for gasoline engines than you do for methanol engines. I would think this line will not work.

So, the replacement fuel line from Bailey's...........do I use it all or cut some off? Thanks.

Waylan

I installed the line with the tapered ends, once in place cut them off square.
I used a wrap of stainless steel safety wire to stop the fuel filter falling off the end of the line.

Latest posts

Back