husky L77 and 445 for $400?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamQ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have an opportunity for an L77 with a 480cd ported muffler and a 445, $400 for both. seller claims they run and have 150 psi compression...would the L77 make a good milling powerhead? should I pull the trigger?

Did you miss out or change your mind on the Husky's? The L77 is a pretty old saw. Not a Husky guy, but I did mill with a 70's Homelite for several years. It was 100 CC's and did fine. The 77 CC Husky is pushing it, probably plenty of torque. I'll let the guys that know those saws answer, Joe.

Did you miss out or change your mind on the Husky's? The L77 is a pretty old saw. Not a Husky guy, but I did mill with a 70's Homelite for several years. It was 100 CC's and did fine. The 77 CC Husky is pushing it, probably plenty of torque. I'll let the guys that know those saws answer, Joe.
I went ahead with it as an interim solution...cylinder and piston are immaculate, a few things to work on, overall i Don’t think I’ll regret spending under $350 for an l77 and a backup to my 450

You will probably be fine with it, just don't dog it. Make sure it is SHARP. That was my biggest learning curve. Sharp cutting firewood is not sharp milling. I was cutting firewood like hot butter, put the saw on the mill and had to push way too hard. Switched back to firewood, like hot butter again. While it was off the mill I touched it up a little, just a couple strokes on each tooth, and it was milling fine. On Oak I touch it up about every 3rd cut, usually 24-30 inch by 8'. God luck, Joe.

Latest posts

Back