Husky oil pump removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanajack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would appreciate any leadership and guidance on the question if there is a general rule or level of dissassembly to remove the oil pump assembly on a Husky saw.

It appears that the flange on the oil pump drive [gear] mounted on the driveshaft is the hang up - with no apparent means of removal.

Is it a press fit?

Any help would be appreciated.

I dont know which model you have,but check in the pump body,should be 2 hole of 5 mm size.Screw a bolt in each hole EQUALLY and pressfit washer and pump will come out.After the pump reinstalled ,use a long box or something and hammer the washer down.

It's a 42/242.

There is a threaded hole on the bar side of the shaft but not on the other side. I surmised that might be the means and tried a bolt in it but of course I got "twist".

The pump body is very badly corroded - perhaps 60% left - so the other hole must be gone. Ideas Hi Octane?? {And thanks}

hanajack said:
It's a 42/242.

There is a threaded hole on the bar side of the shaft but not on the other side. I surmised that might be the means and tried a bolt in it but of course I got "twist".

The pump body is very badly corroded - perhaps 60% left - so the other hole must be gone. Ideas Hi Octane?? {And thanks}
Try to pry with a screwdriver on the other side of the pump to help always screwing a bolt in the existing hole at the same time.,she should come out quite easily.

Latest posts

Back