Husky Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drive_1305

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I almost bought a nearly new Husky 455 Rancher today for $200.00, but I backed out because I don't even need a saw. Im thinking I might could buy it, part it out and make some decent money on it. The parts seem to go high on ebay. Im not sure if the engine is a complete unit or built into the housings or if the housing and rear handle are seperate units or not. The more parts the better. Might be fun to try it but probably wouldn't sell enough and get stuck with the rest.

Then I saw a Husky 281 that seemed to have good compression it didn't look bad. They were asking $200.00. What are they worth?

To really check them out. Put a compression gauge on each and/or take the muffler off and check out the piston.
The 281, even with a junk for bar and chain, at $200 is a very good deal if the power head is solid.

The idea of parting out a really good saw might not be a bad idea. I think that's what someone on ebay just did. He had all the major parts from a new MS 290 saw. The parts sold for $585.50 and he was still left with the crank and muffler-maybe worth another easy $60.00. So total of $644.50 for a $300~something saw!

Why didn't I think of that????

Latest posts

Back